The team C Durable brings complementary expertise in various fields of catalysis (metallic, acido-basic, organometallic), and in nanomaterial engineering.
The driving line of the research activities is the conception of materials for controlled properties for catalysis and optical applications.
Concerning catalysis, the main topic is to explore new transformations of bioresources; and low reactive substrates.
Concerning optical applications, the main objective is to design new materials of original properties for example in the fields of luminescence and photocatalysis.
- Multi-functional nanomaterials
Molecular precursors, coordination polymers and nanomaterials with photophysical or catalytic properties: elaboration through molecular approach for optic and catalysis:
– 1D and 2D coordination polymers based on thiolates and group XI metals (Cu, Ag, Au) with original photophysical properties like thermoluminochrosim.
– Up-conversion for photocatalysis using TiO2 modified with metal fluorides able to enlarge the usable solar spectral range.
- Catalysis for a sustainable chemistry
Organometallic and/or bioinspired catalysis for the activation of recalcitrant molecules:
– Schiff base based catalysts for CO2 valorization into carbonates
– phthalocyanine and porphyrine based catalysts for C-H and C-F oxidation and carbene insertion reactions
– C-C bond (couplings) and C-O,N bond formation (telomerization) using (supported) Pd catalysts in sustainable conditions
- Catalysis for a biosourced chemistry
Design of catalysts stable in polar media for transformation of bioresources of various complexity for specialty chemicals or new biomaterials, in liquid or supercritical media:
– carbohydrates (glucose, fructose, glycerol) and polysaccharides (cellulose, hemicellulose, chitosan) transformation
– lignin depolymerization under oxidant or reductant conditions
– selective wood deconstruction and transformation
– biosourced organic acids (levulinic, succinic acids) hydrogenation or amination
– biosourced alcohols oxidation
ANR CatReMo 2019-2023
Transformation of lignocellulosic biomass into glycols and their amino derivatives.
ANR HYPERCAT 2018-2022
Hyperactive catalytic species in the liquid phase from nanoparticles or immobilized molecular species.
ANR PHOTHER 2018-2021
Hydrothermal transformation of cellulosic substrates assisted by photocatalysis.
ANR NITAMIN (JCJC) 2017-2021 Development of supported nitride catalysts for hydrogenation and reductive amination of biosourced carboxylic acids.
ANR OxCYCaT-CO2 2017-2021
Sustainable catalytic process for the one-pot formation of cyclic carbonates through alkene oxidation and cycloaddition of CO2.
ANR NANOTRAP 2017-2021
New integrated concept for lignin conversion to chemicals using confined Palladium nanoparticles.
ANR UPHocat 2017-2021
Upconverting photon harvester for photocatalysis.
ANR NHYSCAB 2016-2020
Non-hydrolytic sol-gel synthesis of stable catalysts for aqueous-phase hydrogenation of biomass derivatives.
ANR BICCCAT 2016-2020
Binuclear Iron complexes for challenging catalytic reactions.
ANR MEMOL 2016-2020
Molecular memory with phase change coordination polymers for future PCRAM.
ANR PHENOLIQ 2016-2020
Production of phenolic compounds by lignin liquefaction.
ANR TANAPOL 2015-2020
Tailored nanoparticles for the selective catalytic oxidation of poly-alcohols.
Experimental and instrumental capabilities
acid and basic solid catalyst preparation
– acid and basic sites determination
– supported (bi)metallic catalysts preparation
– catalysis in batch and fixed-bed reactors
– nanoparticle synthesis
– sol-gel synthesis
- Lorraine ChristUniversity researcher
- Aude DemessenceResearcher
- Laurent DjakovitchResearcher
- Nadine EssayemResearcher
- Shashank MishraUniversity researcher
- Noemie PerretResearcher
- Catherine PinelResearcher
- Franck RataboulResearcher
- Alexander SorokinResearcher
Technical and administrative staff
Students and nonpermanent staff
- Ahmad AbdallahStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Amar DandachStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Jonathan De Tovar VillanuevaStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Aleksandra LilicStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Shefali VaidyaStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Miguel Alonso De La PenaStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Roua Ben SalemStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Dolores BourbiauxStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Sweta GahlotStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Firat GocStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Antonio Hernandez ManasStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Sarah KheireddineStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Madjid OualiStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Bhagyesh PurohitStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Samira ZaherStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Pauline CarrascosaStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Pierre DedieuStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Clement GondreStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Alex Martinez MartinStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Nidal RaydanStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Hadil SayahiStudent or nonpermanent staff
- Narjess ZaouiStudent or nonpermanent staff
Biomass conversion and biorefinery, 2020, 10, pp. 351-366
Inorganic chemistry, 2020, 59, pp. 1104-1116
Crystal growth & design, 2020, 20, pp. 1961-1968
Acs applied nano materials, 2020, 3, pp. 3568-3577
Molecular catalysis, 2020, 483, p.